Tsakia Elbegdorj, the president of Mongolia, was recognized by the UN today as one of six ”Champions of the Earth” for prioritizing “green” policies. He said his formative years as a herdsman living close to nature helped shape his sustainable outlook.
Photo: A group in Mongolia poses with a river that has been drying up. They are part of the “Connect the Dots” project, which got a thousand groups in a hundred different countries to demonstrate the ways climate change is affecting their countries. Mongolia has gotten much dryer.
- man-is-black likes this
- kamachameleon likes this
- ex-refuse likes this
- taeko-yasuhiros reblogged this from minimongol
- minimongol reblogged this from ninewhitebanners
- betweenthewoodsandthewater likes this
- mywaywardgirl likes this
- marslandingparty likes this
- mongolie reblogged this from ninewhitebanners
- sinousine reblogged this from ninewhitebanners